Canada-Australia Tariff Agreement (Canata)

Under the Canada-Australia Trade Agreement (CANATA), products that are the manufacture or manufacture of Canada benefit from reduced tariffs upon entry into Australia, provided they comply with the rules of origin agreed under this agreement. If you are importing goods into Canada, please read the latest Canadian tariff. The tariff can also help you find SH codes for imports or exports. Click on the first letter from the country or area for which you want tariff information. Hong Kong applies only tariffs on spirits, tobacco, gasoline and methyl alcohol. Please note that Canada has signed a free trade agreement with the United States, which is why the “special” law applies if “CA” is mentioned. Certificates of origin are only required to support a customs regime claimed in the tariff coding form B3. Most products imported into Canada from Australia are subject to most-favoured nation (MFN) law, although there are a number of preferential rates (TUEs) under the Canada-Australia Customs Agreement (CANATA). To benefit from the benefits of a given tariff treatment, imported goods must also comply with certification and direct shipping conditions. Country of origin marking is a requirement for many consumers and other products. Failure to comply with these regulations leads to the refusal of the entry of goods. Any export can be classified with the harmonized system of description of goods and codification or the “SH code”. Tariff plans are organized according to the HS code.

If you find the HS code that applies to the goods you export in the tariff plan, you will find the tariff. Canada also has a supply management system to regulate its milk, chicken, turkey and egg industries. The system includes production quotas, marketing bodies for producers to regulate prices and delivery prices, and tariff quotas (TRQs) for imports. Below is information on countries` tariffs on exports from Canada and other countries. GTL has experience in freight qualification for the following agreements and can assess them accurately and competently: there are more than 180 formal agreements between Australian and Canadian universities, nearly 300 members of the Association for Canadian Studies in Australia and New Zealand, and more than 2,000 Australian and Canadian students enrolled in universities in the other country. The customs coding form (Form B3) is required. It includes, among other things, tariff classification, customs value and the origin of your products. Consult the Canadian tariff specialist to review customs information from countries with which Canada has a free trade agreement.